PRIVACY PROTECTION & COOKIES
Newbie And Me Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and always acts in full compliance with the current GDPR Data Protection Act. We collect information about you in two ways:
By asking you to submit your details OR By using automatic technology such as cookies.
Information used to:
- Process your order efficiently and to provide the best possible service.
- To fulfil your aftercare service i.e courtesy calls, warranty issues, comments or complaints.
- To conduct our own market research to improve our business and services.
- Send you details of our competitions, offers, products, events and services, if you have given us permission to do so.
We will never:
- Ask for more information than necessary or store it for longer than necessary.
- Disclose any of your personal details to any third party unless you have given us permission, to fulfil an order or for after care services (Please note: we reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials and have no legal liability for such disclosures).
We will always:
- Use our best endeavours to keep your details up to date and accurate, so long as you advise us of any relevant changes.
- Give you the option to ‘opt-out’ of our mailing list (postal or email).
- Use our best endeavours to protect all your personal data from access by unauthorised parties.
- Provide you with full details of any personal data we store about you on request.
- We may from time to time disclose your information to our suppliers, companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: manufacturers or suppliers of products, assistance service providers, market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
- We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information, also comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated non specific data sets wherever possible.
Which information is collected?
We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose of fulfilling your order, proving you with a service or improve our services.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following: Name (including title); Address; Phone number; Date of birth or Due date; Email address; Products purchased information (including serial numbers, service reminders and warranty repair information); The date and time you used our services; The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for; Your IP address; Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this); The internet browser and devices you are using; Cookie, Pixels or Beacon information; The website address from which you accessed our website; Details of any transactions between you and us; “Live chat” records; Any information within correspondence you send to us.
We take online security extremely seriously and have taken several steps to ensure that your payment and personal information is processed confidentially and accurately. We use the industry leading internet payment company Sage Pay to protect your card details and protect us from fraud. All transactional information is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard encryption technology. This encryption protects your details and makes it impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send to us.
We have made online shopping secure and easy. We use Visa and MasterCard Secure anti fraud protections schemes – if your credit card issuer participates in the scheme you will be asked for your online password to verify your transaction. If you have yet to register for this scheme, don’t worry your card issuer will either ask you to register during our checkout process or in another future transaction. In summary, you can be sure that we have taken every step to ensure that your online order is safe and secure.
It is your responsibility to check all materials for possible viruses before downloading from this website for any purpose.
Changes to this policy
Rights you have
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you; Correct and update your information; Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it); Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object; Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
If you wish to do any of the above, please write explaining that your interest is in personal data maintained by Newbie and Me, also state what you would like us to do to. Our address for your letter or email is: Newbie and Me, Longford Works, Hope St, Crewe CW2 7DR or email@example.com
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. These pieces of information are used to improve the services we provide to you.
Cookies are also used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We take customer service extremely seriously and we want to hear from you, whether it be feedback, compliments or if you feel in any way unsatisfied.
Please direct any comments or complaints by email at email@example.com